Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can't continue to download due to popups

popups download newbie

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Charlotte37

Charlotte37

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 18m 50s

I'm trying to download an app, and after I click "slow", a popup appears and I can't continue (unless I want to interact with the "get a free iphone" bull).  The app I want has three different links, and all three have a similar popup.  I've tried ignoring it (nothing happens) I've tried closing the app and coming back to see if download has started (it doesn't) and I've tried interacting with the stupid popup to see if I can make it happy (I can't).  Is it just impossible to get the app?

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A
At first tell us where (app/ site) and which host are you trying to use. Without it we can do nothing.

Charlotte37

Charlotte37

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Sorry!  It's "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" by Oceanhouse Media inc. (don't judge!)  The three options I get are: fileshack.net (by CrackLords- right now I'm getting an error message), and two from filepup.net (by not_given and CrackLords).

Similar issues happen with other apps, but this is the one making me the angriest today)

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A
Some fileshack links are broken. Try using filepup instead.
I know that fp have some pop-ups but after clicking "free" just wait. It should start downloading.
I tried it few secs ago and it's working for me.
  • hotsjf likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 2h 25m 26s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

every popup in filepup.net has a cancel button, you just need to hit cancel. 

and after you click slow, you need to wait a bit

Charlotte37

Charlotte37

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

hotsjf : thank you! That's what the problem was.  I guess I assumed that by tapping "ok" there I was allowing the download.  D'oh.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: popups, download, newbie