Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iPhone Brute-Force attack defeats Apple security

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 6h 14m 19s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

Have you heard? the Eff Bee Eye has come up with a way to bypass the Apple security that deletes a users data after multiple unsucessful artempts to unlock? They have managed to break into a locked iPhone "in 26 minutes" using a brute-force-style attack...

More news to follow

MONGOLO

MONGOLO

Un-Certified Troll

• IC Trusted User
  • 978 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 10h 38m 2s
  • Twitter:@M0NGOLO
  • LocationtheHub
  • Facebook:i use myspace
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iHave a PC
  • Donations:BTC 1AE1fiQ4kjxkDf6ZZTrLXwhxvSsBAPDR4y

i am guessing the are using an updated version of msftguy's ssh ramdisk tool .. which basically allows fiull root access via dfu mode. there is allready a program that could brute force the password ..  all it needs to work on new phones is an updated version of that tool

• BexN likes this

master_art

master_art

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 9 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 45m 20s

is this for real?

HaagentuFFF

HaagentuFFF

Caker

• IC Member
  • 41 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 15h 14m 49s
  • LocationBrazil
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone XR, iPad 2, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro

Well, I think that would only work with a 4-digit password, otherwise the method might take years, decades or even centuries. I'm glad I have the finger print sensor, so I can set a really long password.

My actual password is 16 digit long with letters and numbers. :D So these news don't bother me at all.

bootsie123

bootsie123

Caker

• IC Uploader
  • 80 posts
    • Time Online: 19h 3m 4s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPad Mini, iPad Air 2, iHave a PC

Well. Apple has some work to do.

harrypont

harrypont

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 27m 19s
  • LocationUSA

There should be some reasonable steps be taken by APPLE in this regard.