Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Existing cracked apps crash after updating jailbreak

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

cookie7

cookie7

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 22 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 4h 6m 20s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S

I have an iPhone 6s on v11.3. I've had it jailbroken using unc0ver for at least 6 months but lately the phone would completely freeze up occasionally for a few minutes and thought it might have something to do with the JB version I had on there so last night I attempted to update unc0ver to 3.0.0 beta40 from a signing service (first time it was jailbroken was from same signing service). It kept getting stuck on step 27 but I finally found out how to fix that. When it was finally jailbroken again my existing cracked apps were all crashing upon tapping them. Cydia seems to be working ok though & I can install and use tweaks from there fine. Also if I install a new cracked app it appears to be working fine. I have AppSync Unified v32 currently on my phone.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that are crashing with same results of crashing. All of these apps worked fine before my update. I didn't update the iOS, still on v11.3. During my issues of trying to get unc0ver working last night I had tried using Electra but that turned out to be a separate mess. It seemed to not really complete the jailbreak, but when I went to rerun it, it said it was already jailbroken. Cydia tweaks didn't work and apps were crashing on there too.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to make these apps start working again?

I just ran Crashreporter on one of the apps that crashes and this is part of it (if this helps anyone figure out how to fix this):

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGKILL - CODESIGNING)

Exception Subtype: unknown at 0x0000000105be0000

VM Region Info: 0x105be0000 is in 0x105be0000-0x105be4000; bytes after start: 0 bytes before end: 16383

REGION TYPE START - END [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD REGION DETAIL

__LINKEDIT 0000000105bdc000-0000000105be0000 [ 16K] r--/rw- SM=COW ...otstrap.dylib

---> mapped file 0000000105be0000-0000000105be4000 [ 16K] r-x/r-x SM=PRV  

GAP OF 0x114000 BYTES

__TEXT 0000000105cf8000-0000000105cfc000 [ 16K] r-x/rwx SM=COW ...-Q35zAT.dylib

Termination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x2

Triggered by Thread: 0

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 68,320 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 17h 49m 52s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12
apps require resigning for use on os12.
completely different than os11 or lower was.

never take a plung to a new JB unless you have all the facts.

Mince0

Mince0

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 278 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 57m 55s
Have you tried downgrading jb, I have never heard of this problem but im on Electra never had a problem, so maybe go with that if you can.

Mince0

Mince0

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 278 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 57m 55s
Also try installing ipa with ext3nder would be a workaround at This point.

And try reinstalling appsync. That has fix problem for people in the past

cookie7

cookie7

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 22 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 4h 6m 20s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S

apps require resigning for use on os12.
completely different than os11 or lower was.

never take a plung to a new JB unless you have all the facts.

Nope, as I said in my original post I never upgraded the iOS, I'm still on 11.3 (only updated the jailbreak). I updated with the newest version of the unc0ver j/b being it's supposed to work for iOS 11-12.1.4.

Have you tried downgrading jb, I have never heard of this problem but im on Electra never had a problem, so maybe go with that if you can.

I haven't tried downgrading yet. The site I got the signed unc0ver app from only had v3.0.0 beta40. I know where to get v2.2.6 from though and will probably try that this weekend.

Also try installing ipa with ext3nder would be a workaround at This point.

And try reinstalling appsync. That has fix problem for people in the past

Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling appsync, also tried an alternate source for the hell of it also (no difference). I'll probably try ext3nder also to see if that does anything for me.

Thanks for the input so far. :) I know this isn't the biggest jailbreak community forum, but many others bitch about people mentioning cracked apps. If anyone can think of anything else for this odd issue please let me know! I don't have that many apps that aren't working currently, but I'd like to get them back working again.

Slave

Slave

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 7h 59m 8s
I had the same issue as you - also 6s on 11.3.1. I've been clutching at straws for a while! I tried the advice of moving to Electra and it's been about 24 hours and I've found no apps that crash now. There seems to be something fishy with unc0ver and 'duplicate' apps after rejailbreaking. I'm sticking with Electra now, seems to be the more stable jailbreak for me (YMMV)

jaybe

jaybe

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 27 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 13h 58m 27s
It is possible that the removal of substitute from unc0ver 2.2.0 and higher has caused a number of programs to crash and stop working. In that case reinstalling or resigning will not work.

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 68,320 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 17h 49m 52s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

It is possible that the removal of substitute from unc0ver 2.2.0 and higher has caused a number of programs to crash and stop working. In that case reinstalling or resigning will not work.

nope