Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cannot restore iPad 2nd gen (freeze during install)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

AurturoJane

AurturoJane

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 4m 46s
  • LocationUSA

So, I was trying to restore/downgrade my second generation iPad from iOS 9.3 to iOS 6.1.3 using a video tutorial on YouTube. Reason being my iPad has been too slow with the latest version & prefer iOS 6 overall...

The iPad shows the connect to iTunes screen, I'm able to get it to the restore screen, I choose the backup file & it begins to do its thing. But it gets stuck on the apple loading screen... About 1/8 of the way.

Cannot find any other way to get it to install without becoming frozen. I'm using the latest version of iTunes, have put it in DFU mode & still hangs up...

Is my iPad bricked? I'm desperate at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Jiang18

Jiang18

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 17 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 41m 51s

Have you tried to force restart the iPad? If not, try it. In case it fails to work, consider an iOS system repair mac/win tool. Such a tool can assist you in repairing your iPad stuck on the Apple loading screen without data loss. And you can also use it to update or downgrade your iOS without any problem.