Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iPhones and WiFi extenders

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

KabirRaut

KabirRaut

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1m 18s
i need to get a WiFi extender for our house 2nd floor. I’m worried about the extender actually creating a second network and name. As you roam around the house, will the device automatically use the strongest signal? Will it work if I name it the same thing? I’ve never had an extender before. I’m worried about it staying on a weaker signal as I walk around the house. Thanks for any advice.

Mince0

Mince0

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 278 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 57m 55s
Your over thinking it, no need to worry

They extend your network therefore your SSID name will be used for the extension, well unless you set the name differently.

But names aside the issue your concerned about could still be present as you move away from the extended network your device will reconnect to the stronger signal and that will cause a momentary network drop.

the signal switch can be problematic regardless. Maybe more expensive units be better but the £15 Belkin i use is turned off unless I want to connect to it.

Hope this doesn’t come across as rude but tech product tend to make us over think about functionality (because out mind envisions how we would want it to work first) simples solution I found to this problem was realising it’s all fake and I don’t really care once I've put the gadget down.