Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AppStore doesn't detect installed cracked apps as "installed" / Missing iTunesMetadata.plist file inside IPA

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ChoJJa

ChoJJa

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 21 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 38m 29s
Hey everyone! I have a question about the AppStore's visibility of installed cracked apps. I have used jb h3lix in the past on a 32-bit iPad 4 + AppSync Unified. All applications that were not installed through the AppStore were marked as installed in the AppStore itself - there was an "open" or "update" button (if there was an update) instead of the "download" or "buy" button. It was nice to have possibility to easily monitor the updates of these cracked apps in the AppStore. For sure, it couldn't be updated through the AppStore, but it were on the update list.

Now I'm on iPad Pro 10.5, iPadOS 14.5.1, checkra1in 0.12.3, AppSync New + AntiProfilesRevoke. Not a single installed cracked app is visible in the AppStore as "installed", like it isn't installed at all. AFAIK, this is due to the fact that iTunesMetadata.plist file is missing inside the IPA archives. For some reason, the crackers stopped putting it there (?). The problem is that it has become problematic to monitor updates, especially if there are a lot of cracked apps installed.

There are two questions:
1. I'm currently using AppSync New + AntiProfilesRevoke. Will AppSync Unified somehow change the situation with the AppStore's detection of cracked apps? I can't install ASU right now because of iOS 14.5.1.
2. Does anyone know how else you can monitor updates for cracked apps? Any Cydia tweak?
  • Tzwaen and Maniaxxe like this

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,642 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 13h 51m 54s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

times have changed as you noticed from your OLD 32bit device

to a brand new updated firmware device at 64bit.

only current account apps on device are recognized by iTunes or they will be removed.

ChoJJa

ChoJJa

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 21 posts

only current account apps on device are recognized by iTunes or they will be removed.

Not exactly true. Before using jb, I used Tongbu Assistant PC-app to install paid apps on non-jb iPad Pro. And it was totally okay, nothing was removed, the installed apps were recognized by iTunes as "installed" and showed updates normally. That's why I'm surprised that installed cracked IPA files aren't detected as "installed".

BTW, what do you mean by "or they will be removed"? Removed what exactly and by whom? Is Apple blocking iTunes accounts from which cracks are made?

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,642 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 13h 51m 54s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

itunes will remove apps NOT associated with your AppleID on the device

ChoJJa

ChoJJa

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 21 posts

Excuse me for my tediousness, but I don't get it. How exactly will iTunes remove apps not associated with my AppleID? Sounds weird. Let's say, I have two AppleID accounts. If I install something from the AppStore with my 1st accound, and then switch to the 2nd account, the installed apps from my 1st account will be automatically removed from my device? This is crazy.

Once again, when I used Tongbu Assistant to install paid apps without jb, not a single app was removed from my device, despite that these apps were signed with another AppleID (therefore iTunes recognized them as "installed").

Don't get me wrong, I just want to figure out the reason for removing iTunesMetadata.plist from the IPA :)