Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

How to fix Safari and Mail crashes [Update with new AppSync]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Guest_Death-eater69_*

Guest_Death-eater69_*

I can't open Safari or Mail anymore. I dont think the issue was jailbreaking it, but then again I have no clue. I noticed it start to happen after I downloaded a few apps from appcake. Could anyone provide some assistance? I'm using an iPad mini.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 1h 7m 37s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

did you see my answer here?

http://iphonecake.co...-work/?p=154648

try it

Guest_Death-eater69_*

Guest_Death-eater69_*

Damn, my bad. I should have looked closer.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

[color=#ff0000;]Update 3:[/color]

[color=#008000;]This issue is fixed in the new version of AppSync in our repo, version 1.3, please update[/color]

[color=#008000;]If you had crash issue before, please use the Crash Fix in our repo before you update.[/color]

=================================

Spoiler

• MONGOLO, Locophone and drownzer like this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

FIXED!

http://iphonecake.co...d-mail-crashes/

• MONGOLO likes this

Guest_Death-eater69_*

Guest_Death-eater69_*

Thanks, man. I appreciate the help. 

kublai

kublai

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 12m 32s

Thanks very much, worked great!!!

I did not have to delete the 2 files mentioned but still worked.

Guest_solidzebra_*

Guest_solidzebra_*

This problem comes back after any future reboots.  I don't think the plist and css store files are relevant since Mail and Safari work the first time I reboot after uninstalling AppCake/AppSync even without deleting those files.  Also on my iPad, those two files are regenerated automatically on each boot anyway (albeit after a slight delay).

iPad 3,2 iOS 7.0.4, AppCake HD

Guest_icethatpuk_*

Guest_icethatpuk_*

This problem comes back after any future reboots.  I don't think the plist and css store files are relevant since Mail and Safari work the first time I reboot after uninstalling AppCake/AppSync even without deleting those files.  Also on my iPad, those two files are regenerated automatically on each boot anyway (albeit after a slight delay).

iPad 3,2 iOS 7.0.4, AppCake HD

Same on iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.4

Guest_Death-eater69_*

Guest_Death-eater69_*

This problem comes back after any future reboots.  I don't think the plist and css store files are relevant since Mail and Safari work the first time I reboot after uninstalling AppCake/AppSync even without deleting those files.  Also on my iPad, those two files are regenerated automatically on each boot anyway (albeit after a slight delay).   iPad 3,2 iOS 7.0.4, AppCake HD

Same thing for me on my ipad mini. I ended up removing appcake and sync.

kublai

kublai

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 12m 32s

Same thing for me on my ipad mini. I ended up removing appcake and sync.

I have used the method on an iPhone 4,4S,5 and I'm not seeing that problem. Knock on wood.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

Well, this fix at least works before you restart your device again.

Guest_twopuds_*

Guest_twopuds_*

works great thanks

Guest_icethatpuk_*

Guest_icethatpuk_*

Well, this fix at least works before you restart your device again.

I have deleted the patch and installed it directly from the 25pp repo, now the problem doesn't show up.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

I have deleted the patch and installed it directly from the 25pp repo, now the problem doesn't show up.

interesting. I will take a look

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

I tried a few times. And what I found is: if you only install the AppSync in IC repo, then Safari won't crash after reboot, even you install AppCake after.

But if you install AppCake and AppSync together (that's how it's configured in the repo right now), Safari will crash after reboot.

That really confused me!

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

One other people said he did a full restore, and re Jailbreak, fixed this....

I don't know, I will keep an eye on this issue. if it happens a lot. I will put 25pp versioin appsync here, only problem is it's in Chinese.

Guest_icethatpuk_*

Guest_icethatpuk_*

I tried a few times. And what I found is: if you only install the AppSync in IC repo, then Safari won't crash after reboot, even you install AppCake after.

But if you install AppCake and AppSync together (that's how it's configured in the repo right now), Safari will crash after reboot.

That really confused me!

I installed appsync via 25pp first, after that i installed appcake with ifunbox via ipa file from the download section.

Since then i restartet my phone (5s) many times and the problem didn't show again.

Apps also working fine

• hotsjf likes this

Guest_Banko_*

Guest_Banko_*
wowww thanx thnkx thnkx thnkx alot dear

Guest_flowtek333_*

Guest_flowtek333_*

what can i do to stop it permently?