Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

How to fix Safari and Mail crashes [Update with new AppSync]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 1h 7m 37s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

if it happens again, try this:

1. remove AppCake and AppSync, delete those two files mentioned in the other topic.

2. reboot your idevice

3. go to Cyida, and ONLY install AppSync from our repo

4. after install AppSync, then you install AppCake

Mentalpen

Mentalpen

Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 39 posts
    • Time Online: 4m 13s

Ha, Ha, i've just seen this and thought it was me!

Anyway i just resotred and re jailbreaked.

i had appsync and appcake installed for some time before the crashing happened but it wasn't just those two apps that crashed.

all apps running in the background crashed with the exception of cydia.

My problem manifested when i upgraded something (not appsync or appcake) in cydia and the springboard re sprung.

anything running in the background would then crash.

sadly i didn't take any note of what was updated so i can't say what change was made to cause it.

in future i will close all background apps before making changes.

yumitsu

yumitsu

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 146 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 27m 58s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5, MacBook Pro

I can surely say IC app is unrelated to those Safari/Mail crashes: I got an iPhone 5 with such problem and it comes back on first reboot after I install AppSync from IC repo back.

On the other hand, I faced the same problem with my iPhone 5, but its gone after cache cleanup & appsync reinstall.

Can't think its good that we cannot fix it confidently.

• hotsjf likes this

Guest_Prism_*

Guest_Prism_*

On ios 6, there was a bug like this with weather app, and a tweak like "weather fix ios 6 tweak" fixed even after many reboots, I think a tweak can be released to fix weather, mail, safari and calculator crashes, don't you ?

• hotsjf likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

On ios 6, there was a bug like this with weather app, and a tweak like "weather fix ios 6 tweak" fixed even after many reboots, I think a tweak can be released to fix weather, mail, safari and calculator crashes, don't you ?

good idea, will do.

yumitsu

yumitsu

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 146 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 27m 58s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5, MacBook Pro

It will be a great success if we'll find a possibility to adapt that fix for present problem. Will look into it too.

Guest_flowtek333_*

Guest_flowtek333_*

Garbage that did work for a while now, but it seems to something went wrong. So i tryed to install it again, but every time i try it takes my iphone into safe mode? where the bagground is grey, and every tweak is off. what can i do?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

Garbage that did work for a while now, but it seems to something went wrong. So i tryed to install it again, but every time i try it takes my iphone into safe mode? where the bagground is grey, and every tweak is off. what can i do?

AppCake or AppSync are not able to make your phone SAFE MODE, you have to check other tweaks

Guest_flowtek333_*

Guest_flowtek333_*

bump

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

bump

the topic has some update on top, did you read it?

http://iphonecake.co...d-mail-crashes/

Guest_flowtek333_*

Guest_flowtek333_*

Greate!, that helped me a lot ;) Thanks!

Guest_Prism_*

Guest_Prism_*

I've seen appsync's update, I've seen too I have to install safari/etc fix, but is it necessary to uninstall appsync before ? Or can I install fix and appsync's update without reinstall appsync + appcake ? Because I've seen on internet that cause bootloop trouble to try to uninstall appsync

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

I've seen appsync's update, I've seen too I have to install safari/etc fix, but is it necessary to uninstall appsync before ? Or can I install fix and appsync's update without reinstall appsync + appcake ? Because I've seen on internet that cause bootloop trouble to try to uninstall appsync

I tried myself to remove appsync+ appcake, and install again, no problem for me though

Guest_Prism_*

Guest_Prism_*

Ok, after I have to uninstall safari's fix ? If this issue is fixed in the new version of appsync, it's not necessary to keep safari's fix, no ?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

Ok, after I have to uninstall safari's fix ? If this issue is fixed in the new version of appsync, it's not necessary to keep safari's fix, no ?

yeah, you can remove that

Guest_DarknessFell_*

Guest_DarknessFell_*
Hey guys I signed up just to thank you for all your hard work :) I just wanna ask a question but I mean no offense: is ver 1.3 really crash free or is it still luck dependant?thanks in advance and sorry if I offended any one who gives us his hard work for free

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

@DarknessFell as far as my expereince, it's a solid fix.

I reboot my phone quite often, no crash since the update

Guest_DarknessFell_*

Guest_DarknessFell_*
Thanks for the quick answer :) what phone do you use?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

Thanks for the quick answer :) what phone do you use?

5S

Guest_DarknessFell_*

Guest_DarknessFell_*
Same here....I have cydia substrate installed is that going to trouble me?