Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Factory reset not working on iPhone 6

iPhone reset erase ios

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

kimanders

kimanders

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 3m 21s

I want to remove all data on my iPhone as I just got a new one and plan to sell the old one. The problem is that every time i tap 'erase all content and settings', it was stuck on a gray screen. After reboot, nothing was deleted.

What is going on here?

Earendil

Earendil

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 257 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 2m 36s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2, iHave a PC
Not sure why this happens, but you can try restoring your iPhone through iTunes without backup. This will erase all content and settings from your iPhone.
  • kimanders likes this

Ghay

Ghay

• IC Uploader
  • 21,936 posts
    • Time Online: 106d 13h 39m 20s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, iHave a PC

Try Wondershare safeEraser  restore iphone without going through itunes Widow just got my phone back after it crashed re-jailbreaking it

• kimanders and anjali like this

kimanders

kimanders

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 3m 21s

Not sure why this happens, but you can try restoring your iPhone through iTunes without backup. This will erase all content and settings from your iPhone.

The data in backup file will be still on the phone, right?

• Earendil likes this

Earendil

Earendil

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 257 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 2m 36s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2, iHave a PC

The data in backup file will be still on the phone, right?

No, when you restore your iPhone through iTunes, you have an option to make a backup file on your PC. It helps you get the content back once the restoration process is complete. However, when you restore to erase everything or fix some bugs, you just need to press the "Restore iPhone" button, which is just under the iOS version on the iTunes screen. Once the process is complete, you'll be presented with two options. You can either restore from backup or set up as a new iPhone. Select the latter. Then when you look at your iPhone, you'll notice the initial set up screen. It will ask you to enter your Apple ID and iCloud account. Skip these steps. This will restore the backup files to your iPhone on the air. So, you skip all these steps and your iPhone is new again.
  • kimanders likes this

Banisery

Banisery

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 3m 58s
  • LocationNew York

I want to remove all data on my iPhone as I just got a new one and plan to sell the old one. The problem is that every time i tap 'erase all content and settings', it was stuck on a gray screen. After reboot, nothing was deleted.

What is going on here?

I personally sued safewiper for iOS to wipe my iphone 6 plus before I selling on ebay, it works but not free, the trail version allowed me to wipe 50 files, so I purchased and use the full version to wipe my iPhone. 

So, if you need the code of safewier for iOS, please give me your email, I can send to you for free.

source: https://www.safewipe...-on-iphone.html

you can download it here.

• kimanders likes this

Yilia

Yilia

Caker

• IC Member
  • 35 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 35m 21s

How about restoring it with the help of iTunes? Connect your iPhone 6 and click "Restore iPhone" on iTunes.

If not, you can use an iPhone system recovery for Windows to fix system and factory reset iPhone under its advanced mode.

It is simple to operate and supports all models of iPhone as well as the latest iOS 12.

alisamendyyang

alisamendyyang

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 11m 20s
  • LocationTokoyo
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 6

If you have iTunes or iCloud, we can restore from iTunes, and erase iPhone device on iCloud to factory reset iPhone, and will erase all data in iPhone permanently. Or we can use DFU or Recovery Mode to factory reset iPhone without password.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iPhone, reset, erase, ios