Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iOS 12 Unc0ver Jailbreak Master Thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
    • Time Online: 195d 23h 24m 47s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

Last update: Aug. 18 2019

First, thanks to @Pwn20wnd and @Saurik for the amazing work, this is a proper Jailbreak I've been waiting since iOS 10.

Index:
- Compatible devices and OS
- Where to download Unc0ver
- How to Jailbreak
- Important Notice
- About AppCake and cracked apps for iOS 12

- Compatible devices and OS
iOS 12.0 - 12.4 support for A7-A11 devices. Basically from iPhone 6s up to iPhone X. Full specification grid: Link

As of Feb 23, iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 still signed, you can restore to this OS and Jailbreak.
Download firmware here

As of Aug. 19, the latest iOS 12.4 is Jailbroken, you should upgrade before it is too late.

- Where to download Unc0ver
Official github: Link
iPhoneCake website link

- How to Jailbreak
** Delete any OTA iOS upgrade files before Jailbreak, to avoid potential problems. Go to "Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage" and look for iOS 12.x update file. Delete it.

1. download Unc0ver and install it with Cydia Impactor or the signing service you bought.
2. run it, will see screen below
D0FMU7vW0AAez0S.jpg

3. tap Jailbreak, you may be asked to reboot your device a few times, just go back to Unc0ver after restart, and "Jailbreak" again. After success you should see Cydia on your home.
D0FMU7jX0AAoBgG.jpg

D0FMU7pX4AEPB-r.jpg

- Important Notice

• Delete OTA file from Settings - Storage if present and reboot before attempting the jailbreak to prevent a possible bootloop
  • This versions contains full-fledged Cydia and Substrate support for iOS 12 on compatible devices that are listed above. This means that Cydia and Tweaks are fully functional
  • Some repos may not function with Cydia/APT yet due to a bug in Apple's code on iOS 12 (See https://twitter.com/...050396557893632)
  • This is considered to be safe to try as long as you make sure you have no downloaded OTA file
  • It is still possible to restore or downgrade your device to iOS 12.1.1~b3 to use this jailbreak even if you are on iOS 12.1.3 or up (See https://twitter.com/...191940831567872)
  • Reboot and re-attempt the jailbreak if it gets stuck at "Extracting Cydia..."

- About AppCake and cracked apps for iOS 12

AppCake 6 released. Works on iOS 12. If you have apps crash after install, try to use AppCake to install it.

AppCake 4 and 5 will NOT work on iOS 12. Please wait for update, should be in next week.
AppSync by Karen patches the installd flawlessly on iOS 12, so I modified the appsync in IC repo, and mark it as iOS 12 compatible
AppSync for ios 12 has been updated by Karen, and pushed to IC repo too.

Problem: While installation is fine, the apps on AC mostly will not run at all on iOS 12, due to the newly introduced CoreTrust in iOS12, apps with empty CMS will be killed from running.
FIX:
Solution #1: New AppCake will re-sign the apps before installing on iOS 12, like we did for iOS 11. So you can wait for the update.
#2: CrackerXI should update to adopt the new changes in iOS 12, so to make the app works out of the box,I'm talking with the dev now.
#3: if you really wanna run cracked apps right away, you can sign the app with ldid. To bypass the CT signature check, Unc0ver use an expired cert to sign the binary too. So you can do the same, the cert is located at:

/usr/share/jailbreak/signcert.p12

If you don't know what i'm talking about, just wait for solution #1

unc0ver iOS12 Tweak Compatibility Sheet:
https://docs.google....haring&sle=true

lets enjoy this Jailbreak feast

• Lucas0176, MRWTF, Tola007 and 1 other like this

SmartJQ

SmartJQ

Caker

• IC Member
  • 34 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 38m 32s

#3: if you really wanna run cracked apps right away, you can sign the app with ldid. To bypass the CT signature check, Unc0ver use an expired cert to sign the binary too

So basically what that means is, for a temporary fix, we can do "ldid -S -M -K/usr/share/jailbreak/signcert.p12 [path to app executable file]", is my understanding correct?

bugkiller

bugkiller

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 184 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 18h 58m 52s

Waiting anxiously for IOS 12 APPS :cool:

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

So basically what that means is, for a temporary fix, we can do "ldid -S -M -K/usr/share/jailbreak/signcert.p12 [path to app executable file]", is my understanding correct?

Correct, except you need to sign all the binary and libs in the app.

drenyl

drenyl

Caker

• IC Member
  • 51 posts
    • Time Online: 16h 16m 56s

If you install with cydia impactor it will need to be re-signed if you reboot after 7 days and need to re-jailbreak right?

What is the best free way to fix that?

Edit: ANSWER IS BELOW

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationUSA

If you install with cydia impactor it will need to be re-signed if you reboot after 7 days and need to re-jailbreak right?

What is the best free way to fix that?

You need to re-jailbreak no matter what, after you reboot. And buy a signing service to sign and install Unc0ver will keep it working longer

bundy-al

bundy-al

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 24 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 4h 13m 26s
  • LocationNederland

Hello hotsjf,

I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 12.1.2 on it.

I have install Unc0ver (Undecimus-v3.0.0-b33.ipa) succesfully.

But if i click on Cydia its crashing, i see that Cydia is open, if i scroll on my iPhone.

I can not see Cydia ?

Can you help me.

Thanks 

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 66,357 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 4h 44m 22s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

Hello hotsjf,

I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 12.1.2 on it.

turn off your phone
turn on your phone
try JB again

if not welcome to the beta test program ................ !

drenyl

drenyl

Caker

• IC Member
  • 51 posts

You need to re-jailbreak no matter what, after you reboot. And buy a signing service to sign and install Unc0ver will keep it working longer

Ok, I've been reading more about it.

There are free signing services (jailbreaks.fun), but certificates can be revoked, but you can add "127.0.0.1 oscp.apple.com" to /etc/hosts to block revocation (or maybe some other easier way).

But I also found ReProvision tweak (open source) that will keep a self-signed ipa signed automatically

https://repo.incendo...eprovision.html

https://github.com/M...tic/ReProvision

Just adding for FAQ to help others.

Akila

Akila

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts
    • Time Online: 6h 59m 39s
  • LocationBehind you
  • iDevices Owned:iPad Pro

#2: CrackerXI should update to adopt the new changes in iOS 12, so to make the app works out of the box,I'm talking with the dev now.
#3: if you really wanna run cracked apps right away, you can sign the app with ldid. To bypass the CT signature check, Unc0ver use an expired cert to sign the binary too. So you can do the same, the cert is located at:

Hypothetically speaking, if I export an App using CrackXI on a jail-broken device running on iOS 12.01
and then I take this IPA file and sign it with my Apple Developer account certificate (using xCode / iOS Code Signer),
but.. and that is a big But, signing it with my Device UDID only... would that fix the problem that this signed IPA would be able and be installed on other iOS 12 jail-broken devices without an issue?

and if true, would the App still work after my Developer certificate expires (e.g. 3 months from now)?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationUSA

Hypothetically speaking, if I export an App using CrackXI on a jail-broken device running on iOS 12.01
and then I take this IPA file and sign it with my Apple Developer account certificate (using xCode / iOS Code Signer),
but.. and that is a big But, signing it with my Device UDID only... would that fix the problem that this signed IPA would be able and be installed on other iOS 12 jail-broken devices without an issue?

and if true, would the App still work after my Developer certificate expires (e.g. 3 months from now)?

CoreTrust only check the integrity of the signature, as long as CMS blob not empty, it pass CT

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationUSA

Ok, I've been reading more about it.

There are free signing services (jailbreaks.fun), but certificates can be revoked, but you can add "127.0.0.1 oscp.apple.com" to /etc/hosts to block revocation (or maybe some other easier way).

But I also found ReProvision tweak (open source) that will keep a self-signed ipa signed automatically

https://repo.incendo...eprovision.html

https://github.com/M...tic/ReProvision

Just adding for FAQ to help others.

never tried these reprovision tools for JB, let us know if they work well.

Akila

Akila

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBehind you

CoreTrust only check the integrity of the signature, as long as CMS blob not empty, it pass CT

you didn't answer my question(s)?  :(

is the use case I presented to you would work or not?

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

1. Hypothetically speaking, if I export an App using CrackXI on a jail-broken device running on iOS 12.01

2. if true, would the App still work after my Developer certificate expires (e.g. 3 months from now)?

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationUSA

you didn't answer my question(s)?  :(

is the use case I presented to you would work or not?

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

I don't quite understand what you said.

also, bottom line I think no one should release any adhoc signed ipa files, it will includes your provision info

Akila

Akila

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBehind you

I don't quite understand what you said.

also, bottom line I think no one should release any adhoc signed ipa files, it will includes your provision info

in Apple developer program (developer account) you can Sign Apps for testing and developments to a device or number of devices (100 Devices per type), to a UDID to be more specific.

this is independent to a UserID or AppleID, it is signs an APP for a Device (UDID)...and only that Device could Install it.
that is Apple out of the Box solution for developers that run and test Applications before going to production.

my Question is, in theory when it comes to this new CT thing on iOS12 jailbroken, if I export an app on iOS 12 using CrackXI and then sign the exported IPA  

to a device, using Apple tools to sign the IPA. would that be enough technically now to be installed and run under many / any other iOS12 Jailbroken devices? as it is I believe has some sort of signing Signature on it. 

drenyl

drenyl

Caker

• IC Member
  • 51 posts

in Apple developer program (developer account) you can Sign Apps for testing and developments to a device or number of devices (100 Devices per type), to a UDID to be more specific.

this is independent to a UserID or AppleID, it is signs an APP for a Device (UDID)...and only that Device could Install it.
that is Apple out of the Box solution for developers that run and test Applications before going to production.

my Question is, in theory when it comes to this new CT thing on iOS12 jailbroken, if I export an app on iOS 12 using CrackXI and then sign the exported IPA  

to a device, using Apple tools to sign the IPA. would that be enough technically now to be installed and run under many / any other iOS12 Jailbroken devices? as it is I believe has some sort of signing Signature on it. 

If you want an app to run on Jailbroken iOS12 devices, what is the reason for not using the certificate that all apps on unc0ver jb12 use?

"ldid -S -M -K/usr/share/jailbreak/signcert.p12 [path to app executable/dylib file]"

Akila

Akila

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBehind you

If you want an app to run on Jailbroken iOS12 devices, what is the reason for not using the certificate that all apps on unc0ver jb12 use?

"ldid -S -M -K/usr/share/jailbreak/signcert.p12 [path to app executable/dylib file]"

it is not relevant why I am not using that jb12 certificate..My question is, if technically my method would work or not....

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 66,357 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 4h 44m 22s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12
unc0ver iOS12 Tweak Compatibility Sheet: https://docs.google....haring&sle=true

added to OP
  • hotsjf likes this

zachary@cracks

zachary@cracks

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• IC Uploader
  • 20,105 posts
    • Time Online: 95d 6h 58m 43s
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Zachary_cracks
  • LocationEU
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone XR, iHave a PC
  • Donations:Use Itunes Gift cards
Apple File Cond 2 is updated on IOS 12 but it seems it has issues with the latest Uncover
Cydia crashed and i had run Beta 34 to R/JB again
dont undr why

Alsarabe

Alsarabe

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 4m 36s
when AppCake 6 will be published