Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo
Release

Rasticrac & RemoteRasticrac v3.3.6 (+ v3.3.8 alpha) for iOS 10 and below

Rasticrac Rastignac RemoteRasticra

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Are we talking that 3.1.2 is still in beta for now then?

Kakarot1925

Kakarot1925

Cracker

• IC Uploader
  • 306 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 17m 50s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina, iPad 3, Apple Watch, iHave a PC

Are we talking that 3.1.2 is still in beta for now then?

It seems to work perfectly for the majority of the apps & in the case of those MONSTER Binaries it just simply doesnt crack them (but also doesnt output any .IPA that can be uploaded) however for the ones that it can crack, seem to work so far. I would say its safe to be used since there are no real 'faulty' IPAs that ive come across so far since it just doesnt produce one if it cant correctly crack it.

• hotsjf and MONGOLO like this

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

thanks for letting me know

DblD

DblD

Caker

• IC Member
  • 33 posts
    • Time Online: 15h 14m 23s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iHave a PC
  • Donations:Coming soon maybe?

It seems to work perfectly for the majority of the apps & in the case of those MONSTER Binaries it just simply doesnt crack them (but also doesnt output any .IPA that can be uploaded) however for the ones that it can crack, seem to work so far. I would say its safe to be used since there are no real 'faulty' IPAs that ive come across so far since it just doesnt produce one if it cant correctly crack it.

That's why I prefer Clutch 1.4.3-git2 (with all due respect to iRastignac)

• MONGOLO likes this

iRastignac

iRastignac

iRastignac

• Developers
  • 201 posts
    • Time Online: 14d 10h 15m 33s
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/iRastignac
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iHave a PC

That's why I prefer Clutch 1.4.3-git2 (with all due respect to iRastignac)

Hey, Clutch is not bad! It made progresses.

Perhaps it should stop generating "SF_Info" files when "overdrive=off" (ie: these files should be created only when "overdrive=on", isn't it?).

Perhaps it should always generate an "iTunesMetadata.plist" file (ie: "on" should be the default; "off" is not recommanded).

But Clutch is not bad ("Obama face" included).

• MONGOLO likes this

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 224 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 8h 30m 45s
  • Twitter:@TheBOTCInc
  • LocationGermany
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iHave a PC
  • Donations:Dogecoin - D8MqrVWwKczFkwLe9GN7j9JyxWh196EWkX

Hey, Clutch is not bad! It made progresses.
Perhaps it should stop generating "SF_Info" files when "overdrive=off" (ie: these files should be created only when "overdrive=on", isn't it?).
Perhaps it should always generate an "iTunesMetadata.plist" file (ie: "on" should be the default; "off" is not recommanded).
But Clutch is not bad ("Obama face" included).

Well, to be honest, Clutch even is better than Rasticrac, mostly regarding the speed.

BUT sometimes it doesn't recognise some apps being installed, while Rasticrac always displays all apps.

That's why I use both.

iRastignac

iRastignac

iRastignac

• Developers
  • 201 posts

Well, to be honest, Clutch even is better than Rasticrac, mostly regarding the speed.

Wow, not, not, not. If you configure "compression setting" at the same level, Clutch and Rasticrac won't show real differences. Clutch defaults to "fast and dirty compression level" (around "2"); Rasticrac uses "standard average recommanded compression level" (aka "6"). With the same level, speed is really similar.

Latest Rasticrac versions can crack an app faster than before (ie: old versions (with gdb) took long seconds in the "dumping..." part; newer versions dump in a eye blink).

And using RemoteRasticrac, you can crack faster than in your dreams! (ie: 150 apps per hour; 20 seconds per app; with no iDevice space problem and no iTunes installation time).

The "Rasticrac is slow" myth is over.

• hotsjf, MONGOLO, Locophone and 1 other like this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,657 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 14h 52m 50s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

Glad to see @iRastignac come to explain a lot of our confusions before, nice conversation !!

• Locophone and Orbicos like this

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 224 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iHave a PC

Wow, not, not, not. If you configure "compression setting" at the same level, Clutch and Rasticrac won't show real differences. Clutch defaults to "fast and dirty compression level" (around "2"); Rasticrac uses "standard average recommanded compression level" (aka "6"). With the same level, speed is really similar.
Latest Rasticrac versions can crack an app faster than before (ie: old versions (with gdb) took long seconds in the "dumping..." part; newer versions dump in a eye blink).
And using RemoteRasticrac, you can crack faster than in your dreams! (ie: 150 apps per hour; 20 seconds per app; with no iDevice space problem and no iTunes installation time).
The "Rasticrac is slow" myth is over.

Well, I seemed to be unclear:

I use both with compression level 9, but what bothers me with Rasticrac is that it needs too long to start.

If I for example type in "rc.sh DoodleJump", Rasticrac needs about two seconds after I hit enter, before it even begins on a iPhone 5 on iOS 7.0.4.

After it started it indeed is nearly as fast as Clutch :)

DblD

DblD

Caker

• IC Member
  • 33 posts

Well, before, Rasticrac was indeed slower than Clutch because of using GDB. Now with dumpdecrypted (or RastDecrypted however u like it), it is nearly the same.

In Clutch 1.4.3-git2 compression levels are fixed.

AFAIK SF_Info isn't an overdrive feature, overdrive is just a .dylib that hooks onto the binary to defeat protections (also in newer versions of Clutch it serves as credit stealing protection). SF_Info is just a censored version of SC_Info. (You can correct me if I'm wrong)

And I think it generates metadata by default, and if it doesn't, configuring it is smooth.

But this really shouldn't turn into a discussion about which tool is better, cuz both tools are driving the community forward, and they are good in their own ways.

And also, I have huge respect towards u @iRastignac, keep up the good work.

EDIT: Forgot to say that RemoteRasticrac is indeed currently better than brake, but we will see in the future ;)

EDIT2: Forgot to say that default compression level in Clutch is 6 as well.

• hotsjf, MONGOLO and The BroOfTheCentury Inc. like this

iRastignac

iRastignac

iRastignac

• Developers
  • 201 posts

AFAIK SF_Info isn't an overdrive feature, overdrive is just a .dylib that hooks onto the binary to defeat protections (also in newer versions of Clutch it serves as credit stealing protection). SF_Info is just a censored version of SC_Info. (You can correct me if I'm wrong)

The "SF_Info" files are used by overdrive's dylib (ie: the dylib redirects all calls to "SC_Info" to these fake files, so vicious antipiracy protections can be defeated).
When overdrive is "off", the dylib is not present in the IPA, but these "SF_Info" files are present in the IPA. They shouldn't be present (because they are not needed because they won't be used because there's no overdrive dylib).
  • DblD likes this

iRastignac

iRastignac

iRastignac

• Developers
  • 201 posts

what bothers me with Rasticrac is that it needs too long to start.
If I for example type in "rc.sh DoodleJump", Rasticrac needs about two seconds after I hit enter, before it even begins on a iPhone 5 on iOS 7.0.4.

At start, Rasticrac does a lot of things, indeed. It checks for some tools, it looks for some iDevices's characteristics, it builds the whole list of available apps, etc.
If the iDevice is "full" (ie: hundreds of installed apps), it can be slow, you're right.
It's already optimized. It can be better, though. I can write a "cache" system, so it's slow only once (first run), then faster for the next launches. The only problem is the cache refresh issues (ie: how to detect when cache is outdated, etc). I'll look later about that.
  • hotsjf and The BroOfTheCentury Inc. like this

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 224 posts
  • LocationGermany

At start, Rasticrac does a lot of things, indeed. It checks for some tools, it looks for some iDevices's characteristics, it builds the whole list of available apps, etc.If the iDevice is "full" (ie: hundreds of installed apps), it can be slow, you're right.It's already optimized. It can be better, though. I can write a "cache" system, so it's slow only once (first run), then faster for the next launches. The only problem is the cache refresh issues (ie: how to detect when cache is outdated, etc). I'll look later about that.

Would be a nice feature indeed ;)

But this really shouldn't turn into a discussion about which tool is better, cuz both tools are driving the community forward, and they are good in their own ways.

It's a PRODUCTIVE discussion :)

DblD

DblD

Caker

• IC Member
  • 33 posts

@iRastignac I really wasn't aware of that fact.... Thanks for taking time to explain. One more question, does rasticrac 3.1.2 use overdrive yet?

@The BroOfTheCentury Inc. If it turns into a discussion, it will go off-topic, it is a topic about rasticrac after all ;)

iRastignac

iRastignac

iRastignac

• Developers
  • 201 posts

One more question, does rasticrac 3.1.2 use overdrive yet?

Rasticrac will never use OverDrive.

Note: it should be doable with only ".sh" code! But it would be long/complex/dangerous to write... Yes, it would be also so much fun to write such a code, indeed... ;)
  • DblD likes this

iRastignac

iRastignac

iRastignac

• Developers
  • 201 posts
Are there "iOS7 / iPhone5S / 64bit" users here ?
Can you try this?
Overwrite the dylib (in "/usr/bin/") with this one: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mfqe7j
Be sure to have the new one (old is about 13KB, new is about 17KB).
Is is better? worse? the same?
Thanks.

PS: then, it doesn't work better with 64bit. Sure. Something seems corrupted in my dirty messy build environment. I found something. I'll try another (working?) one in a few hours.

Edited by iRastignac, 17 March 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Kakarot1925

Kakarot1925

Cracker

• IC Uploader
  • 306 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 17m 50s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina, iPad 3, Apple Watch, iHave a PC

Are there "iOS7 / iPhone5S / 64bit" users here ?
Can you try this?
Overwrite the dylib (in "/usr/bin/") with this one: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mfqe7j
Be sure to have the new one (old is about 13KB, new is about 17KB).
Is is better? worse? the same?
Thanks.

I use iPhone 5S 7.0.4 so yeah I can test it for you :) (How will it exactly be different? / What should I mainly be looking out for?)
Also I think its the same (still fails on the same Monster App)
c17ca412e15220ae626a8f0d963e8a346fd5ef3a

• hotsjf likes this

NinjaLikesCheez

NinjaLikesCheez

Caker

• Developers
  • 89 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 6h 19m 5s
  • Twitter:NinjaLikesCheez
  • Location/usr/bin/Clutch

The "SF_Info" files are used by overdrive's dylib (ie: the dylib redirects all calls to "SC_Info" to these fake files, so vicious antipiracy protections can be defeated).
When overdrive is "off", the dylib is not present in the IPA, but these "SF_Info" files are present in the IPA. They shouldn't be present (because they are not needed because they won't be used because there's no overdrive dylib).

Thanks for this, I've pushed a fix. Clutch & Rasticrac are both perfectly valid tools, there are trade-offs both ways.

Congrats on your release @iRastignac :)

• hotsjf, MONGOLO and DblD like this

iRastignac

iRastignac

iRastignac

• Developers
  • 201 posts

It can be better, though. I can write a "cache" system, so it's slow only once (first run), then faster for the next launches.

So, I've tried that. #Rasticrac v3.1.3 should have a faster launchtime.
(Perhaps a better iOS7/64bit support also).
  • MONGOLO, The BroOfTheCentury Inc. and Kakarot1925 like this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,657 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 14h 52m 50s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

IC repo updated to 3.1.3

• MONGOLO likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Release, Rasticrac, Rastignac, RemoteRasticra